Saturday, July 7, 2007

fourth of july bash


I've never been much of a party go-er, let alone a party thrower. I'm more what you call a party pooper -- a goody two-shoes with a sensitive left eye that gets dry and pink at around 10 p.m. So you can imagine the nervous, passive-aggressive look Aric got when he asked me if we can throw a Fourth of July barbecue for say... 35 people. He made sure that I didn't lift a finger preparing for the party as he marinated buckets of lemon-drenched hamburger meat with tarragon, rosemary and garlic, set up a make-shift bar at our deck and lined our outdoor staircase with candles. As friends began arriving, bearing their favorite dishes to share, and as people mingled, ate, drank and laughed into the night, I found myself not wanting the night to end. I marveled at how Aric and I had managed to create a space for our friends to relax and connect in a way that made them not want to leave -- for hours. I loved it. Aric called it the truest of nights with the truest of friends that he didn't want to end. I can't think of a better way to put it. My husband and my friends have made a party thrower out of me. Watch out folks... for the next Fourth of July party at the Allen's. :)



Our deck, food, music and roaring fire
Boo with queen of Eagle Rock


Sunset over Eagle Rock

For more photos and entertaining commentary about our Fourth of July shindig, go to: http://aricallen.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

hetoldme said...

wow! found stefanie ... :).

Erin Doyle said...

Hey Boo and Eric - Looks like you both have created a beautiful life in Eagle Rock together. I am very glad to see/hear it. erin